21.3.06

400 days - what's it all about?

For the first time in weeks I find myself with a whole full day to myself, less a few hours for my deserved lie-in. I was wracked with guilt immediately, as I knew I should have been mailing since dawn, phoning people and filling-in some of the gaps that I have left as an absentee friend / brother / son / grandson, etc.

It has been more or less four years to the day since I left the UK to come to Japan and my contact with everyone since has been, er, eratic to say the least. I'm going back in about four hundred days or so, so there is a mystery cleared-up.

The new blog ties in nicely with some other things and there is a "oneness" ringing through my day and if I can only get everyhting done before the party tonight I will be happy that things are moving on as I could wish. Once this is online I can slowly start telling everyone that I have changed my phone number and email address, either by email or by new business card. If anything is going to stop me it will be the business card - I need card, ink and cooperation from the printer.

So there it is - 400 days is a way for me to keep in contact with friends and family and do away with my ultraspam emails (four hundred emails in the "to" box). Anyone who isn't a de-facto friend can become one by leaving comments and being friendly. Anyone who wants to be a member of my family, er, we'll see what we can do.

6 Comments:

At 5:36 pm, Blogger Kaufman said...

Welcome to the cyber age. My cyber age is 22. My mental age is permanently unzipped and my favourite last action hero is not Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Hyaku-ni-ju days for me, my cyber pal, give or take.

P.S. Rob has departed to the Meehan.

 
At 5:42 pm, Blogger Between daisies said...

That was quick! Welcome - your happy hundred and twenty!

 
At 9:40 pm, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Ahh.

There you are.

 
At 9:12 am, Blogger Between daisies said...

Indeed - though minus a turnip. I'm going through an internal makeover at the moment...

 
At 11:56 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, nice to find you in the blogosphere.

saint
dogfightatbankstown)

 
At 2:44 pm, Blogger Between daisies said...

cheers, mate!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home