22.3.06

Off you toddle

It is that time of year again - actually one of those two - where half the people I know move on to other things. The school year ends on Friday and many of my colleages are heading off into the blue yonder. It works that way for the company teachers. The Government English teachers change over in the summer, for some odd reason.

Anyway, as usual I am a bit down on seeing my mates disappear. I am also a bit down on the ammount of beer and rich food on the menu at the moment. Having fought my body weight under control now it is the party season with no time for exercise and a party every night. Tonight is even worse. Yes to the party but no to the drinking. Nominated driver - if only I had taken the train the other night.

The upside of all these people leaving is the incoming batch. New people and I hope to god that the new person up the road is not one of these stay at home in the dark types. Thinking on it, as I am buying a double bass, a musician might be good.

Anyway, time's up. The net at work seems to be having irrevocable problems with the server / router / colour scheme / chi at work. Not only will they not speak to each other but the one won't even admit the existence of the other. Requests to work at home will be met with grins, chuckles, refusals. My kingdom for a mobile internet card.

4 Comments:

At 9:44 pm, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Double Bass?

a sexy jazz/swing instrument if ever i heard one.

 
At 11:13 pm, Blogger Between daisies said...

I've got a mate up the road egging me on with her harmonicas. I have two weeks off starting on Friday and it would be a strange thing indeed if I couldn't negotiate the purchase of a cheap bass for under 200 squid.

BTW I have long been an admirer of your work

 
At 6:19 pm, Blogger Kaufman said...

I wouldn't mind hearing you and a cello either. That's what you once said, was it not?

 
At 7:18 pm, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

me?

I don't do any work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home