20.6.06

Sunday Photoblogging - Sunday on Tuesday Night

You can usually measure how busy I am by how long, if ever, it takes me to post some drivel about what I did on Sunday. In fact what I did on Sunday caused the delays in this case. You see, I had to go to Osaka for Paul McCartneys birthday party.

Just so that you know, the man himself didn't know anything about it. This was more of a (let's make money out of) Paul McCartney's birthday party. And it ws on the pricey side for an amateur do. 2000 yen in on the door, though it ws BYO. Let me say that again, it was BYO. Bring you own beer. To a gigg.

Got there and these guys were playing. They have many virtues, though, alas, pronouncing English is not one of them.

These guys came in their Japan shirts as japan were playing on this day in Germany. One of the guys came in a blue Seibu Lions (baseball team) shirt. maybe the non-wearing of this one japan shirt cost them the win that might have seen them within a chance of progressing past the group stage of the comp. This one guy... Football knows.

One of the band members was off for some reason. Possibly seeing men with dogs. Anyhow, they had to enlist a bit of help for the last song, shirted in yellow and tortoishell below.

Did I mention you could bring your own drinks? Being as this started two hours away from home on a Sunday at 12.45, guess what I had for breakfast! This is Asahi, liked by many, and Mariko. I prefer Kirin.
The next two bands performed the last rights on not just songs by the beatles, but also a large number of other groups that had contained Paul McCartney. The guys below could sing but not play their instruments beyond GCSE level.
These guys could play but not sing: They took it in turns to sing. Possibly this was to spread the blame a bit. Diminished responsibility? The woman with the violin base (only one group had the balls not to appear with the signiture axe) sang with a warbling, trilling style more common to the Enka (sort of Japanese folk music) and yodelling than to British rock. ten out of ten for the matching waistcoats, though. When I first saw these guys sitting at the front I though t they had escaped from some kind of rail privatisation scheme.
Finally, my darling love managed to snap off a good one of me, though some of the credit must go to Mariko as she pushed the button. The camera did most of the work, though.

6 Comments:

At 5:23 pm, Blogger Kaufman said...

I don't believe the "it was BYO" portion of this post.

Lovely to see a / the band draped in their patriotic Sunday best.

Only two beers? I find that hard to swallow. IT WAS BYO, YOU NUMBSKULL!

That is a good shot of you. ;)

 
At 5:38 pm, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

That's a good picture of you.

The bands sound lovable terrible.

All those other groups Paul McCartney was in? I am reminded of our lord Partridge.

Man: 'Wings? Who are they'

Alan: "Only the band the Beatles Could have been."

 
At 9:13 am, Blogger Between daisies said...

The great A - That was two at once! It looks like that is my angle, BTW. Also there is an optimum beard length. I might serialise it and put it to the vote...

UTMG - I keep trying to tell everyone about Alan Partridge but keep failing. On the shopping list for when i am back in the UK. A month this week!

 
At 5:29 pm, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Alright!

I bet you can't wait to sniff the crisp air of our sweet shores.

 
At 6:12 pm, Blogger Between daisies said...

I can't wait to smell the sweet air of the chrisp bags. I need eighteen months worth of salt and vinegar crisps. I want them here and I want them now!

No, but really I can't wait. I am already recieveing bookings for weddings and funerals and stuff. I told them no because Ialready had a girl and wasn't dead yet. It is looking very much like a trip to france and another to Sweden might be on the cards while I am back... For the first time ever I am coming back with some cash...

 
At 5:13 pm, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Excellent.

Yes, a little bit of european travelling.

Do it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home