26.12.06

So this is boxing - The northern most part of Honshu, Japan

Boxing day was another early start and quick exit. I had tons of ground to cover if I wanted to see some stuff as well as get to my next hotel on time. That is the thing about Japan; it looks pretty small on paper but up close it can be massive.

Still being a bit achey from the day before (boarding down Hakkoda), I decided I wanted to get out and see some places, get some photos and relax in some hot water somewhere. Here are a couple of photos of my day.


All the farmers round here seem to use boats... By the way, that's Hokkaido in the background. The visibility was not so good this day.


I had a wander out onto this little island on my way round the coast. Very pretty it was, too. My dad would have liked it here.


This is the most northern part of the main island of Japan. There are representations of Tuna everywhere so I guessed that the village was based around fishing them. Note the man shaking his fist at the fish as he disapeared below the waves.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 7:33 pm, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Yeah, those statues are quite bizarre - reminding me of the Terminator 2 thumbs-up-from-the-lava scene.

The water looks nice there, not at all like the bike-infested swamp water we get in Bristol docks.

 
At 10:26 pm, Blogger Between daisies said...

It was fairly nippy in fact. I finally located my polarising filter which brought the sky and the sea to their lovely meditaranean hues here.

 
At 6:44 am, Blogger Kaufman said...

Where are you now? More importantly, how's your car holding up?

BTW, happy new year and all that jazz.

 
At 5:20 pm, Blogger Between daisies said...

Hey mate, just got back home the other day. Gimme a sec and I'll fill in the details...

Happy New year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home