14.12.06

There was a bit of a brightener under the radar this morning

I got an email from Icons - a portrait of England today. First-off, it was a wonder it got through the spam filter. Furthermore it was an even bigger wonder that I read it with a title like that. Anyway, read it I did and, despite the unpromising start, a very encouraging read it was too.


It seems that this picture I took at Chatsworth House "nicely depicts England" and has been selected for use with some project or other. Did I mind if they used it? Obviously not as long as they put my name and web page adress on there somewhere.




The reason that this was so encouraging for me is that I was actually begining to wonder if it was worth the bother of uploading the damn things because hardly anyone looks at them. It just goes to show that there is no such thing as a lost cause. Interestingly, this is not what I consider one of my best shots, so there.


By the way my flickr page is here.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:12 pm, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

I'm impressed. Your picture box skills are most impressive

 
At 12:27 pm, Blogger Between daisies said...

Thanks my friend - this one is not one of what I call my best, though. No acounting for taste, I supose.

 
At 12:01 pm, Blogger Kaufman said...

I'm wondering which web page address will accompany the photo. Will it be the blogspot one, the flickr one, the fudge puppets one or the deviant art one?

Hey, any kind of confirmation that there's talent around the place, especially from an unbiased source, is welcome. Right?

Congrats. :)

 
At 10:21 pm, Blogger Between daisies said...

Cheers my friend... I imagine that it will be back to my Flickr page... Might have to do something about that. FP would be quite funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home