24.3.06

Lunchtime update!

OK, so I had my little bitch about work, but today is "eat out" day, where there is no school lunch offering but freedom to choose what I would. In this case, a slice of pizza, a cup of instant corn soup, a piece of plaited french bread with ham in it and three lots of deep-fried-chicken on a stick.

I asked the number three teacher what time I had to be back. He said " - " and shrugged his shoulders. "Take your time," he said, after he had. As the full significane of this took hold of my soul and gonads I felt my soul soar like an improperly held balloon at a fair. I could, concieveably, get away with an extended lunch, maybe even a dinch (you know, like "brunch"). I could spin things out a bit and maybe take a nap. Then maybe aim to arrive back at school at quarter to five, just in time to finish my chapter and pack my stuff away.

Clearly something must have shown in my face, as the guy broke my reverie with the words, "two thirty meeting." Luckily the whole thing had been an unlooked-for wonder. Plans A and B were still on the table. Plan A: leave something at my other school. It would be odd if I couldn't make that last an hour or so. I should be back just in time for plan B - play with the kids in the glorious sunshine.

And it is no less than 16 degrees C outside. And to think last weekend I was going over the jumps on my plank in the arctic minus two of an Indian Winter.

Question: Where will it all end?
Answer: Rain all the way through my holiday. You makr my words (but not for spelling).

2 Comments:

At 6:00 pm, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

It will all end with us spiralling into the sun as it collapses inward upon itself.

I suspect this was a rhetorical question, though.

 
At 12:22 pm, Blogger Between daisies said...

I am a fan of anything rhetorical

 

Post a Comment

<< Home