11.9.06

Time remaining...

Two hundred days or so! One hundred and sixty or so left to work, then about twenty of messing about and sorting out my stuff. Moving house also to be done in this stage. Primarily to Mariko's Mum's house, terminating at Dad's back in the UK.

This should be followed by about six weeks in Thailand, doing a CELTA certaificate and beefing-up my PADI scuba qualifications. I don't think i will get up to dive master in the time, though I will certainly get some of the more groovy bits and pieces done, like wreck diving and so on. I might also get a course in thai cooking done. Then it will back to Japan for a brief stop and then back to the UK. Alas, it is starting to look as though Mariko and myself will be going separately, though I hope to talk her out of that idea.

Another countdown is also underway. Woe is me: My household PC is very sick. It seems to have the computer equivalent of ebola as well as the immune deficiency. The bigger issue is the random cut-outs that it throws out with increasing regularity. Somewhere in there is a hardware issue. Precisely which piece is a mystery, as until it cuts out everything seems fine. I suspect the graphics card, as the cooling fan fell off a few months back. Buying a new graphics card might only lead to the computer not working slightly more expensively.

To tell it like it is, I am buggered if I am going to put any more money into that computer. So in sixty to ninety days, I am buying a mac. To be more precise, I am after a new MacBook. Presumably on sale at MacDonalds? "Shake, fries and a Macbook, please. No Gherkin on the macbook, please."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home