2.3.07

I think I am going to make it!

It is all going to end good. Cue the fat lady! Then ball and chalk her as well.

I'm gong to finish my four hundred days, though I was in doubt for some considerable time. Let me tell you why:

I'm going through an extended period of lasts at the moment. I had my last upper school classes at one school the other day. I've bought my last tub of kerosene for the heater. We're having our last house party before moving tomorrow. Incidentally, it is my birthday, too. Hopefully not my last one, though.

I've had my last meetings, taught the fifth years for the final time seen off the second years at a different school. Today was my last lesson with the fourth years at my bigger school. I woke up with a sore throat this morning, a headache (I had the last beer last night) and felt pretty poorly. I've got two sick days left. You do the maths. In he end I decided that I would go in and teach the kids because it was their last lesson.

In to school, print off some vocab sheets, blank game boards, sort out some dice. Next I head up to my classroom with a box full of stuff. I am the one who always has tons of stuff to carry so it is logical that I get the classroom furthest from the door on the top floor. Change the date and weather cards (Last time I'll see the February card), cut the vocab sheets into pieces to give to the students. We are making English boardgames today. Suddenly I remember: I have to tell the classes they need their glue and scissors.

Long story short: I go down to tell them and they are getting changed ready for PE. I check the timetable. It says they are coming. I ask the teacher, she says they have changed the days. Thanks for sharing that with me guys. A day with no classes and I am not feeling very well. I could have stayed at home.

I battled it out and saw the day out writing my book and doing little bits of stuff. I don't really have any work right now. I leave feeling pretty rotten, and angry to boot because I have had my time and efforts wasted. I went to the supermarket to get supplies for the party tomorrow. It was here that the clouds parted.

I just bumbled into the DVD rental place in the grip of one of my hopelessly optimistic spasms. I didn't expect to see anything I actually wanted to see. Weelllll, we were off to a good start when the romantic comedy section simply wasn't there any more. A quick glance, a double take, a treble eye-rubbing take. Tsutaya (the shop name) has got the whole of The League of Gentlemen on DVD! And a bunch of other TV shows from England.

There is just enough new material in there, if you include the mental chewing gum of those endless Sci-Fi series that are on sky all the time, to fill my every spare waking hour until I leave. And when I say "spare" I mean that is the way I am going at the moment. Let the party begin.

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 1:20 am, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

We'll have no trouble here..

Ah, the glory of incompetent colleagues costing you valuable bed time.

Hooray for appreciated lasts!

 
At 4:42 pm, Blogger reverendtimothy said...

Tsutaya is awesome :-)

All good things must come to an end, yadda yadda yadda etc insert cliché here.

Glad it's been a good one for ya. Here's to the next 400 days! :-D

 
At 3:50 pm, Blogger Between daisies said...

UTMG - yep! appreciated my last lesson today. I'm walking on sunshine now. She's my favourite student!

Rev - Looking very much forward now. I'm even at the stage of buying tickets right now!

 
At 3:50 pm, Blogger Between daisies said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 11:15 pm, Blogger Captain Berk said...

Then here's to walking on students!

 
At 2:55 pm, Blogger Kaufman said...

How many more days? Can't be too far off now.

 
At 2:25 pm, Blogger Between daisies said...

nineteen!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home