24.5.06

Long time no meither

As I said, long time no meither.

I got about halfway through last week and decided that I was having "one of those weeks" again. You know what I am talking about. Those weeks when even the lepers won't come near you and all the tramps think you smell like piss.

For an English teacher in Japan, this means everyone showing up ten minutes late and not really settling down at all. The form teachers forgot I was supposed to be coming to eat with the class, and laughed about it when i turned-up and everyone was eating. I'm not really allowed to punch people at work so I had to content myself with stuffing horse penisses through her sunroof and sending her a cows heart full of nails in the post.

Anyway, I thought I was having "one of those weeks" but I was totally mistaken. In fact I have come to understand I was having "One of those fortnights". I sincerely hope I am not having one of those months.

The bright ray of sunshine, and let me just stress the singular nature of this one beam of energy from that distant nuclear ball, was my 2 year aniversary with Mariko yesterday. It is now only some 320 days to re-entry. This is largely down to the fact that is is also roughly 320 days til she becomes my common-law-wife and gets a cushy visa to come to the UK.

I will leave you with a bit of random news that was on telly while I was running to no-where in the gym: It seems that some japanese people saw a taxi at the station. You are wondering how this made it onto the TV? The people who saw the taxi were in fact inside the station. On the platform. It emerged that the taxi driver in questioning actually "mistook the road" at a level crossing and ended-up driving up the tracks.

Three hundred meters up sleepers? Presumably it is him that had been driving through the park and in and out of rivers. 320 days.

UPDATE

I was wrong - he didn't do it by accident. HE DID IT ON PURPOSE BECAUSE THE TRAFFIC WAS BAD. The man had a passenger in there too. For those of you who can read Japanese read this. 320 days, I tell you.

4 Comments:

At 1:16 pm, Blogger Kaufman said...

About the first thing: cycles. Hang in there.

About the second thing: I would have laughed my arse off if I was the passenger. And then I would've offered to buy him a beer following his interview with the fuzz.

 
At 8:33 pm, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

What Andy said. Hang in there some more.

What a resourceful taxi driver!

I saw similarly hair raising activities in Cairo when I went there a few years back.

Disturbing fact for you:

63 million people voted on American Idol - more votes than any presidential electorate has ever received.

Decadence, I salute you.

 
At 10:20 pm, Blogger Between daisies said...

I salute idiocy - 21 guns was it?

Cheers to both of ye - I can make it. If I don't, please don't bury me here... Sniff. Sniff

The taxi driver possibly didn't realise it was wrong.

 
At 11:08 am, Blogger Kaufman said...

Japanese burials are too costly anyway. What are your thoughts about incineration? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home