1.5.06

Conversations with oneself are always rewarding

My combined hangover / cold thing metamorphosed into a weeklong headache.

So What?

True enough, that isn't enough to keep me quiet, usually. I did take a little time to have a look at my computer, specifically the OS.

Was there something wrong with the OS?

No, as it turns out. There was the trifling matter of all the bugs and virusses, but the only real thing wrong with it was it's inherant piratey feel. This is the first ever time I have bought Windows. I did find out why it had been so dreadfully poorly of late.

Why was that then?

The wind moving part of the processor fan had parted company with the main body. The motor was there, the fan was rattling round the bottom of the case.

So, effectively the processor was being cooled by a vibrator?

Yes indeed. The cooling fan on the graphics card had also gone off on its own.

So that was Sunday. How else have you been whiling away these medium-long Spring nights?

Well Friday night and Saturday Morning were spent getting drunk at and recovering from Cs party. She made a really nice beef stew and an olivey / broccoli-y concoction which sounds bad but was actually quite delicious.

OK, but your last entry was last Saturday. What do you think this is?

Yes, I really must apologise for that. I was busily burning my retinae out with Ebooks. Oh, and we watched the Life of Leornardo Da Vinci in five parts.

Was it good?

To be honest, it was piss-poor. There was a historian, a seventies historian, with a beard and a grey suit who would come on at various points and fill in some of the gaps and interact with the minor characters. His main role was stressing that, "We don't really know, we are just guessing that it was like this."

So you are saying that it was a piece of fiction based around reality, in the documentary style?

Yes, how perceptive of me to think that. The exercise left me unclear about the life of the man without actually allowing me to like him. It took the worst parts of either format.

I suppose I can let you off, though unless we see some progress soon our couple of readers might dissapear. Haven't you got a few pieces about Tshirts in the pipeline?

Yes I have. I might fire one up tomorow.

See that you do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home