11.4.06

Sunday Photoblogging 3 - Sunday on Tuesday

This Sunday Photoblog is becoming increasingly badly named but whatever...

I went to another one of these school get-togethers the other night and was regaled with the usual horrors on a plate. No big surprises, and no fish heads this year. Instead of the food, though, I thought I might make a case for technology. See below:

Now, this might look like a common or garden CD / DVD player but it is actually the control unit for the item shown below:


Being an old hand in Japan now, I am used to the average Western-style toilet with added luxuries of heated seats and a power-shower to blast the dags out of ones anal-beard. I am unmoved by such paltry innovations. In this case, I was takenb almost instantly, as the toilet not only automatically opened the lid but also lit the bowl with blue fluorescent light. It didn't stop there - the control unit pictured above also had a tasteful blue backlighting.

Not that I use any of these features, by the way. I just like the idea in principle. No way am I going to use the washer on a toilet that drunk people use.

The absolute opposite of this is your common or garden garden or hole in the gound. My mother had the misfortune to loose her dignity over one of these while she was over here last time. Next up is the Japanese toilet, which I have used a grand total of once, in just over four years. For your consideration:


I can see this leading to a cropper, can't you? Anyhow, that is the end of the toilet-non-humour.

6 Comments:

At 5:27 pm, Blogger reverendtimothy said...

Did that one have the music/sound-effects? You know, so people can't hear you tinkle? :-D

 
At 6:29 pm, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

That first picture appears to be the control unit for the enigma machine.

Glad to see it has finally found a home worthy of it's grandeur.

 
At 10:34 pm, Blogger Captain Berk said...

Did you steal one of my control consoles?

I don't recognise those strange baths.

 
At 10:35 pm, Blogger Captain Berk said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:54 pm, Blogger Between daisies said...

I forgot to write that down, but the sound effects came from my phone taking phottos - I walked out and there were a ton of people waiting outside. I wonder what they thought I was up to?

I thought the enigma machine had rotating dials? However, Enigma the band had a machine like this.

To recognise these items one has to viewthem from the correct angle.

 
At 2:12 pm, Blogger Andy said...

I must admit to having used a "squatter" during my brief stay in tokyo recently.

It was during an awful butt-clenched dash to the mens at Shinjuku train station on the day I was leaving... waiting for the Narita express. I can't believe I left all my luggage in the mens room whilst wailing behind the closed cubicle door and cursing the awful coffee and salmon breakfast I'd just had.

But luckily, my luggage, my passport and 170,000 yen was still there when I eventually emerged from the less-than-flattering ablusion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home