4.4.06

You do it. No, you do it!

I was on the way up to meet Evan and hand over some comapny-car keys yester day when I realised I was early and stopped to take some photos of the river. As it was, I couldn't help but overhear this couple shouting.

Him: I'll do it tomorow.
Her: You what? YOU WHAT?
Him: I said, "I'll do it tomorow."
Her: Right that's it - I'm going to live at my mum's.
Him: Wha?
Her: Two years, two years I have been asking you to move it.
Him: What's the big rush?
Her: It's an eyesore.
Him: Well going to your mums won't help, she only lives across the road.
Her: It's not just that, it's your attitude. It stinks.
Him: I see, it's me that goes around causing all the arguments is it?

I never did find out if she went to her mums, though I suspect that what they were arguing about was this.


I am on the guys side. Don't fuck with mother nature! Don't fuck with anything that is ripping a car to pieces! I quite possibly owe my continued existence to that rule.

The other side of the coin is the ridiculous figure one has to pay to get rid of anything here. My mate was just offered the golden opportunity to pay 5,000 yen (about £25) to get rid of a small fridge. Surely this kind of thing is going to keep happening?

2 Comments:

At 6:06 pm, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

I would have had to pay to have my car towed away if I hadn't just taken it down to the scrap merchants and had a tantrum.

The worlds gone mad.

 
At 12:49 pm, Blogger Between daisies said...

Mine is virtually worthless, though if it gets mysteriously stolen a few weeks before I leave, I shan't be that gutted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home