17.4.06

Danger Zone 2 - An ancient foe awakens

Luckily, it is always a few days before we meet after the beginning term giving me some time to ready myself and take on some of the mental toughness needed to deal with this awkward bugger.

Kyuu shoku is Japanese for school lunch - best summed-up by by a slight slight verbal mangling to Q shock.

I ma not a huge fan of japanese food anyway and as I am sure you can imagine, this is just the benchmark from which the school lunch can be considered worse.


Starting top left and working round clockwise we have; a small pack of milk (ok), a bowl of rice (same calories as a pint of diesel), miso soup (containing, but not lilited to, tofu, carrot, onion, bits, pieces of stuff, random slices of meat and a shitload of salt), lumps of fish with the skin left on (two pieces, as I am on good terms with the dinner lady) and the piece de resistance, emphasis on resistence. This piece of resistence was made from cabbage, carrot, broccoli and spinach. Boiled in a fucking huge cauldron and in a filthy dungeon by somebody utterly devoid of taste-buds, olfactory prowess or even the sensation of touch in their mouth. Let me tell you, that while cabbage, carrots and whatever else they managed to dredge out of the fields maintains some structural integrity after some hours in the pot, spinach does not. So you are left with something not unlike slime-coated vegetables bolied yellow but without salt. Veggies garnished with ectoplasm - Just like Mum used to make!

Personally, I wouldn't even feed it to the Spice Girls, but I have to provide a positive example for the kids, so I force it down and stifle my ghasps and roars.

10 Comments:

At 8:03 pm, Blogger Kaufman said...

Ahhh, yes. The nemesis. Apart from the cut of the milk carton's jib (??), this looks like the shit I shovel down the gob and slingshot through another orifice.

Setting a good example. Is that what you call it? I call it saving money on 7-11's alternatives.

 
At 1:50 pm, Blogger Between daisies said...

Nah - I have to eat with the kids and if I don't eat everything they tell the teacher and I get one of those vinegary looks. To go with my vinegary salada.

 
At 8:06 pm, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

It's probably more nutritious than the sausage, chip and chocolate gateaux that I ate every lunchtime for 4 years.

That was a tasteless mess as well.

 
At 9:06 pm, Blogger Between daisies said...

The nutrition value is there. Indeed, there is nothing wrong with any of the ingredients, just the various concoctions and proportions they get thrown into.

You nkow all those scenes in the Lord of the Rings, with Sam and Golum arguing about potatoes and rw fish. I've had more or less the same conversation with the school lunch lady many a time.

 
At 9:06 am, Blogger Kaufman said...

I would too if I spoke your language. My district - your former one - expanded, bringing with it changes, which included the distinct resizing (in negative dimensions) of school lunches.

As I have slightly under 100 days to go, I have made the decision to pass on the daily activity for the remainder of my time here. Hopefully, I won't feel as hungry when I get home as I have been in the past.

 
At 9:09 am, Blogger Between daisies said...

you bringing your own?

 
At 6:46 pm, Blogger Kaufman said...

Yep.

 
At 12:37 pm, Blogger Between daisies said...

I would do that if only I could get M to make one for me every morning for free. Well, seeing as she is making one anyway.... Nah, it won't wash.

 
At 11:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post.
I came across a good natural weight loss plan while doing research on the internet. To check it out go to Healthy Weight Loss

 
At 12:52 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Great blog.
If you’re looking for helpful articles, tips and information on weight loss please visit my blog Weight Loss Tips

 

Post a Comment

<< Home