2.5.06

Happy News For The Wine Guy

The doctor took a file from the nurse as she said, "They are waiting in your office. They seem quite distraught."

The doctor frowned, then pushed the door open. "Good afternoon, Mr. and Mrs. er, Wineguy?" He checked the file again and looked hopefully at the couple sat before him.

"That's right," said the man. Something of the puzzlement on the medic's face must have promted him. "It is part of my hereditary position. You know the descriptions on the backs of bottles of wine?" The doctor nodded. "It is my job to write those in a small room somewhere. It has been in my family for longer than we can trace."

"How interesting! Does that mean that you have to taste all those wines, too?"

"Yes, of course." The Wine Guy flashed a fatherly, cardiganish smile.

The doctor paused for a second, "Say, I had a bottle of French wine the other day. It said it had a 'creamy mouth-feel.'"

The Wine Guy steepled his fingers and said, "Not one of my better days, I am afraid. And the stress has been getting the better of me. I am worried about my son."

The doctor looked at his file, "Wine Guy Junior?"

The Wine Guy shook his head, "no, we are both most happy with his progress, aren't we dear?"

His wife nodded. "It is James, our youngest son. I am afraid that, well, have a look." She handed over a piece of paper for the doctor to have a look at. "This is his diary."

Tonight was sunny. I loving to out in the sun. Tomorow also will sun. I should die happiness in the sun.

Tomorow Dave would call. He liked snoopy but not Charlie. Snoopy is everyones' favourite dog. He play in the baseball.
The doctor had a look at it and then reached behind him for a book. "Ah, yes. I have heard of just one case like this. Mrs. Wine Guy, you are in fact Japanese, are you not?"

She looked down demurely, "Yes I am."

"Yes, it all matches! Let me be the first to congratulate you. You may or may not know of the sad and untimely demise of the Tshirt Guy?"

Mrs. Wine Guy nodded and Mr. Wine Guy said, "Yes, ours is a small brethren and we mourn his loss extremely. He had an unhappy time of it, as you may know. His son turned-out to be someone else's."

The doctor beam triumphantly. "Well, I rather believe that your blood has combined with that of your wife to produce the new Tshirt Guy!"

"Oh! Thank the Lord! I was so worried." The doctor saw the worry drain from her face. Her husband was no less pleased. "I am so proud! I can't thank you enough, doctor."

Thus the saga of the Tshirt Guy was begun.

7 Comments:

At 5:30 pm, Blogger reverendtimothy said...

Hahahaha!

This post is of the fantastic cool super hilarity. Charlie Brown laughs to be heartily.

 
At 5:53 pm, Blogger Between daisies said...

Cheers!

 
At 7:43 pm, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

I can't wait for the tale of Punguy and his rise to prominence in the world of tabloid newspaper headline writing

 
At 7:26 pm, Blogger Between daisies said...

Wooo - don't tempt me. I would take this idea with the intention of doing good, but through me it would wreak a terrible evil.

 
At 9:18 pm, Blogger Kaufman said...

...and a terrible odour.

How's the weightlifting coming along? Do you have them off your chest yet?

T-minus ten weeks.

 
At 9:21 am, Blogger Between daisies said...

Mate - took a kind of break for two weeks while I was dying of a cold, so probably back to square one. Going tonight, though...

Man - I could walk out today without looking back once. First thing I walked into today. "Nick, hello! Are you hung over again?" First, I never go to work hungover, second, he doesn't know me well rnough to say that kind of thing and thrid no-one can say that kind of thing in front of the whole staffroom. is this what they all think, or just this one guy?

 
At 3:00 pm, Blogger Kaufman said...

I don't even know him but from the description he sounds like he's one of the uber cool ones; the rare few who think they can get away with sounding inoffensive to most people's ears while discreetly fingering their pooshoot knowing that they've publically condemned the foreign guy to the stereotype his kind perpetuates. Again.

Anyway, Japanese blokes drink more than we do. Nah, that ain't true. They drink less than we do and get hammered more in the process.

I remember in Cairns, when we were instigating a coup to secretly raise the drink driving limit following a game of baseball, this 20 y.o. J guy has an entire bottle of lolly water (Vodka Cruiser?), then spends the next two hours wandering the suburbs until someone finally sees him again five hours later waking up next to the shed with half his lunch encrusted on his shirt.

Why would he call you Nick? Your name's Oliver, isn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home